I am happy to announce the release of our online Registered Child & Youth Worker (RCYW) Training. This will help our mission center be more efficient in processing RCYW Applications since most applicants will no longer need to wait until we can offer a training. This online training will also allow our many RCYW’s to take their refresher course every 3-5 years at a time that works with their schedule. If someone does not have access to internet, they should connect me at the contact information below so that arrangements can be made.
Here is how the process will work for those needing to take the training as a new applicant or as a refresher course:
- Watch the training video (80 minutes): https://youtu.be/8LlhIt_jZt0
- If helpful, here is a note sheet that you can use while taking the training: click here.
- Take the RCYW Training Quiz: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sv/f4wPJbi/rcywquiz
- Once you complete the training, I will contact you to confirm whether or not you received credit for the training and to review any potential incorrect answers.
For those wanting to apply to become a RCYW, please continue:
- Complete the fillable application and turn in to your pastor. RCYW Application: click here.
- Helpful Notes:
- Applicant should not use references related to them or the pastor reviewing the form.
- Applicants need to be at least 15 years of age and older and be connected with Community of Christ for at least 6 months.
- RCYW Assistants: Age 15-20
- Registered Child & Youth Workers: 21 and older
- Applicant must become a RCYW within a year of taking the course. If not, they will likely need to take the training again before application can be processed.
- The application must be processed and approved within 6 months from the time that the form is dated.
- Helpful Notes:
If you have any questions related to the RCYW guidelines or this process, please contact Sean Langdon (firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-293-6366).